The first True Color Confocal Scanner in the market
EIDON is the first system to combine the advantages of SLO with the fidelity of true color imaging, setting new performance standards in retinal imaging.
EIDON provides unsurpassed image quality, 60° field in a single exposure, a unique, live, confocal view of the retina, three different imaging modalities and dilation-free operation, all integrated in a versatile system that provides new opportunities in retinal diagnostics.
The device is operated via a tablet with a multi-touch, high resolution, color display; it works with a dedicated software application and operates as a standalone unit. A joystick is provided when manual operation of the device is desired.
Centervue® EIDON Key Features:
- Multiple imaging techniques with different light sources: white LED (440-650 nm), near infrared LED (825-870 nm)
- Automated Stereo Imaging of the Optic Nerve Head
- 60° retinal pictures in a single exposure, wide field Mosaic up to 110° in automatic mode and 150° in manual mode
- Manual Cup-to-disc calculation
- Extreme ease of use: patient auto-sensing, auto-alignment, auto-focus
- All-in-one compact design, no additional PC required
- Simple Networking Options, for both remote data review and data backup
- True color, Red Free and infrared confocal images
- Super-high resolution and contrast
- Capability to image through cataract and media opacities
- Dilation-free operation (minimum pupil 2.5 mm)
- Wide Field imaging (60° in single exposure and up to 150° with Mosaic function)
- Optimal exposure of the optic disc
- Exam time less than 1’ per eye (single field)
- From Fully automated to Fully manual mode
- User friendly software interface
Confocal vs. non-confocal imaging
SLO systems are superior to conventional fundus cameras in many ways, as they exploit a confocal imaging principle which limits the effect of backscattered light from deeper layers and provides enhanced image quality. Another major advantage of SLO systems is that they operate with much smaller pupils than conventional fundus cameras.
EIDON, being a confocal optical system, is able to perform high quality retinal images: increased sharpness, better optical resolution and greater contrast when compared to traditional fundus camera imaging.
This technology captures retinal images of preserved quality even in cases of media opacity.
TrueColor Imaging: seeing it as it is!!
Differently from existing SLO systems, EIDON is a scanning ophthalmoscope that uses WHITE light instead of monochromatic lasers, hence providing true color imaging and offering major benefits in terms of fidelity to real retinal appearance, no distortion and dilation-free operation.
The unique combination of confocal imaging and white light illumination offers superior image quality and color fidelity. Using white light, the retina appears as it looks when directly observed, so as the entire visible spectrum is present in the captured image.
The importance of white-light confocal imaging
This particular technology facilitates diagnosis and monitoring of retinal diseases such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma. EIDON improves retinal diagnostics capabilities in that it offers:
- Greater contrast than a traditional fundus camera
- Preserved image quality in presence of media opacities such as cataract
- High resolution images
- No dilation down to 2.5 mm pupil
- 60° field of view in single exposure
- No optic disc bleaching
- No saturation of the red channel like in traditional fundus cameras
Wide field imaging: peripheral details in high definition
- Wide field optics allow imaging the central retina as well as the periphery.
- Infrared, live viewing of a wide field (out to 110°) is possible using the programmable internal fixation target.
- Fixation target can be displaced directly on the touch screen to frame different fields.
- An external fixation target is provided, for use in the contralateral eye: 150° can be reached in manual mode.
Enhancing patient comfort and practice workflow
LED flash technology guarantees maximum patient comfort as it uses a low power light source.
This in turn reduces pupil constriction and facilitates the test on non-cooperative subjects.
- User friendly software interface
- It takes no time to learn how to use
- Fully automated
- Compact device (no need for external computer)
- Exam time is less than one minute per eye (single field)
- High resolution Tablet
Icare tonometer improving clinic workflow
Impression of the Icare tonometer
How the Icare is helpful
The future of glaucoma management
Why I use the Icare tonometer
Icare tonometer and the modern glaucoma practice
Icare® Tonometry Products
Icare-Centervue Imaging products
EIDON FA merges together ultra-high resolution and wide field imaging in a fully automated system transforming FluoresceinAngiography as never seen before. EIDON FA inherits the heart of the EIDON technology and provides ultra-high resolution images and videos of Fundus Fluorescein Angiography to study dinamically the retina vasculature.
COMPASS is the first Fundus Automated Perimeter on the market which combines Visual Field measurement to TrueColor Confocal Imaging of the optic disc and RNFL, a big evolution in clinical Glaucoma management. This structure-function correlation and Real Time Retinal Tracking make this device the only one of its kind.
DRSplus confocal fundus imaging system uses white LED illumination to produce TrueColor and detail-rich 45° images, setting a new effective and efficient standard of Retinal Imaging. DRSplus Confocal Technology permits imaging through pupils as small as 2.5 mm, speeding up the examination time while ensuring a comfortable patient experience.